DanskHjemmebioForum.dk

Dato og tid er tors mar 28, 2024 16:03

Alle tider er UTC+02:00

Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 22 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1 2 Næste
Forfatter besked
Brugeravatar

Billede

Criterion lancerer egen streamingservice, FilmStruck :thumb:

Prisen bliver $10.99 pr. måned og man får adgang til det største udvalg af Criterionfilm, OOP-titler og ekstra materiale.

Hvis man skriver sig op til nyhedsbrevet, så får man 2 ugers gratis prøveperiode.

Citat:
Dear friends of Criterion,

We launched this newsletter more than ten years ago with the promise to keep you up-to-date about new releases and any exciting goings-on around here. Today, we’re writing you personally because we think the launch of FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel is truly a game changer for us, for our fans, and for all people who enjoy great films.

On October 19, the Criterion Collection and Turner Classic Movies will launch a subscription streaming service built by people who love movies for people who love movies. It will be unlike anything out there, with thematic programming, introductions, special features, and much more. FilmStruck, the primary service, programmed by the team at TCM, will feature a rotating selection of Criterion titles alongside movies licensed from sources around the world. A premium option for FilmStruck subscribers, the Criterion Channel will be our home base in the streaming space, programmed and produced by the Criterion team, where we can take our mission to a whole new level.

Criterion Channel subscribers will have unlimited access to the largest selection of Criterion titles ever available on a streaming service—all the time. Our own ever-expanding streaming library includes many of the best-known classics in the Criterion Collection, along with hundreds of rare films you won’t find in any other medium, but we’ll also be featuring full Criterion special editions of titles licensed from major studios as well as out-of-print titles and films that have never been available to us on home video. We’ve worked hard to make the Criterion Channel a worthwhile addition for our core Criterion Blu-ray and DVD customers and regular FilmStruck subscribers alike by creating original, channel-exclusive content, director profiles, live events, guest-curated series, and a programming rotation where there will be something new happening just about every night of the week.

We’ve had a great five years at Hulu, but the opportunity to build our own channel with the help of the incredible team at TCM is a dream come true for our company. FilmStruck will be the exclusive streaming home of the Criterion Collection as of November 11, when our library will be leaving Hulu. The monthly cost of FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel together will be $10.99, but you can sign up for the FilmStruck newsletter to receive a free two-week trial offer when the services go live.
We have talked (and debated) for years about the best way to bring some sort of subscription plan to our viewers, and with FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel, we believe we’ve finally found it. The first week on the channel, we’re bringing back the out-of-print commentary from The Silence of the Lambs. Catch a double feature on Friday nights. Find a short with a feature on Tuesdays. The possibilities are endless, and we’ve just begun to explore them.

It’s been thirty-three years since Criterion published its first special edition laserdisc and nearly twenty since the dawn of DVD. The launch of FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel marks another exciting beginning for us. We are as committed as ever to publishing the world’s greatest films in definitive Blu-ray and DVD editions, but we think these new services are going to add a whole new dimension to the Criterion experience, and we hope you’ll give them a try.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Turell and Peter Becker

Senest rettet af Fritte tors okt 06, 2016 23:06, rettet i alt 1 gang.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Sunny Hill
Farvel Hulu, goddag FilmStruck. Det skal nok blive spændende og hvordan det bliver.

Brugeravatar

Hold da fast, der bliver mange Akira Kurosawa-film klar ved launch :shock:

http://www.filmstruck.com/themes/the-ma ... a-kurosawa

3 forskellige abonnementstyper:

Citat:
There are three FilmStruck subscription plans to choose from:

- FilmStruck Monthly Subscription for $6.99 / month
- FilmStruck + Criterion Channel Monthly Subscription for $10.99 / month
- FilmStruck + Criterion Channel Annual Subscription for $99.00 / year

Tilgængelige platforme:

Citat:
FilmStruck is available online, on mobile devices, and select TV platforms including the following, with additional platforms and devices coming in the future.

- Desktop
- Android Handsets and Tablets (OS versions 4.4 and higher)
- iPhones and iPad (OS versions 9.0 and higher)
- Amazon Fire TV (OS versions 5.0 and higher)
- Apple TV 4th Generation - FilmStruck will be available on Apple TV in November 2016
- Coming Soon: Chromecast and Roku

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Frederikshavn
Men kræver nok noget vpn halløj.

Hands off the compression button, music industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild

Brugeravatar

FilmStruck er udskudt til november.

Citat:
Hello film fans:

We want to share some news that the launch of FilmStruck is delayed until November as we work to complete a seamless and easy registration process for subscribers.

Just like the final stages of completing a film, this additional time will allow us to put the finishing touches on FilmStruck in order to bring you a premium service with beautifully curated content and the largest streaming library of world-renowned arthouse, indie, cult and foreign films. Rest assured, we're working hard to bring you the high-quality streaming movie service you've been waiting for.

Thank you for both your patience and your enthusiastic interest in FilmStruck.

The FilmStruck Team

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Det vil jeg stadig se frem til!

Brugeravatar

FilmStruck er lanceret! 14 dages gratis trial.

http://www.filmstruck.com/

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Face down in the muck...
Virker det i Danmark?

Brugeravatar

Mikl skrev:
Virker det i Danmark?

Den har i hvert fald taget imod mit kreditkort, men synes ikke at min unblocker virker på siden. Måske har ImpulzE eller Buck Rogers mere held?

iOS-app'en er også udkommet.

Brugeravatar

Dankort og Entropay virker det fint med. At afspille noget med smartdns (Getflix) virker ikke, lige meget hvad du gør :( Men FilmStruck afspiller perfekt over VPN. Måske kommer der en løsning om nogle dage.

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Fritte skrev:
Måske har ImpulzE eller Buck Rogers mere held?.

Jeg når ikke meget andet end PIX lige pt., men jeg skal da
klart se nærmere på det :)

Brugeravatar

Citat:
AT & T., the new corporate overlord of Warner Bros. Digital Networks and Turner, will be shutting down FilmStruck, the streaming service that launched in November, 2016. The site, established by TCM, the indispensable classic-movie cable channel, draws the core of its offerings from the Criterion cornucopia of DVD and Blu-ray releases of world cinema, as well as related movies that are yet unreleased on disk. Recently, Hollywood classics from the TCM roster were added to the FilmStruck offerings.

Citat:
Two sources familiar with the decision said the plan to kill FilmStruck was made prior to AT&T’s closing the Time Warner deal; in any case, the strategy aligns with the new WarnerMedia blueprint to shift resources to mass-market entertainment services.

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/f ... 1202998364

https://nordic.ign.com/m/akira-kurosawa ... ible-thing

:cry3:

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Og her gik jeg og ventede på, at det ville åbne uden for USA...

Citat:
shift resources to mass-market entertainment services.

Er der ikke rigeligt af det i forvejen? :shock:

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: 9530 Dusty Circle
Sørgeligt... Lyder som en rigtig led skrivebordsbeslutning, baseret på en kolonne i et Excel-ark.

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Helt grundlæggende forstår jeg ikke beslutningen - at der sidder nogle bean counters og insisterer på, at de tjener mange flere penge på mainstreamarkedet. Det er utvivlsomt rigtigt, men hvis de bare kan tjene 0,2% af det på nichefilmene, er det da vel bedre end ingenting.

Isoleret set er FilmStrucks lukning ikke en katastrofe, men som del af en større trend er det sgu. Siden dvd-markedet har vi levet i et slaraffenland, hvor enorme dele af filmhistorien var tilgængelig. Endelig var man uafhængig af, hvad DR mere eller mindre velmenende public service-organisationer havde valgt at smide på torsdag kl. 02. Hvis man ville vide mere om, hvorfor film ser ud, som de gør i dag, kunne man sætte sig ned med sine skinnende skiver og starte fra en ende af. Ofte endda godt hjulpet af making of-programmer og diverse retrospektive dokumentarer. Og jeg er helt med på, at dét marked er peaket for længst. Men det har været med til at give mig og mange andre en interesse for filmhistorien og en bedre forståelse af film.

Det bizarre er, at teknologien til at distribuere filmene er til stede, men at det alligevel bliver sværere og sværere at få fat i andet end mainstreamfilm. De kommer ikke længere i samme tempo på disk. TV viser dem sjældent. Og Netflix gør i alt fald ikke. Alle os, der stædigt holder fast i fysiske medier, kan sætte os over i hjørnet og hovere over de latterlige streamingtjenester, for vi har jo vores på det tørre, og vores skiver løber ingen steder. Men hvis de nye generationer ikke bliver præsenteret for de her film, får de jo aldrig interesse for dem. Og så bliver markedet for fysiske medier langsomt mindre.

Jeg har vist nævnt det før, men et eller andet sted er det da ironisk, at biografer rundt omkring i Danmark ofte hænger sådan lidt "klassisk Hollywood"-gøgl op. Måske et foto af Marilyn Monroe og Humphrey Bogart. Men der er jo for fa'en ingen moderne mennesker, der har set deres film længere. og efterhånden bliver det også svært at komme til det, selv om man ville.

Selvfølgelig vil filmene leve et eller andet sted derude på mere eller mindre obskure streamingtjenester, men jeg er sgu bekymret for upcoming filmbuffs.

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 22 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1 2 Næste

Alle tider er UTC+02:00