- Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Incendies) is in negotiations to direct (the production company sent out a press release which probably means this is 99% a done deal)
- Blade Runner 2 is scheduled to start principle photography in summer 2016.
- Hampton Fancher (who co-wrote the original Blade Runner) penned the sequel with Michael Green (Green Lantern, The River, Heroes) based on an idea by Fancher and Ridely Scott.
- Harrison Ford will reprise his role as Rick Deckard.
- The story for the sequel will take place “several decades after the conclusion of the 1982 original” film Blade Runner. Considering Ford is back as Deckard, you would expect this to take place approximately 30-40 years after the original due to the actor’s age, although who knows as we don’t know if he is a replicant.
Jeg synes stadig, at det er en skidt idé, men Villeneuve er i det mindste en dygtig instruktør.
Og så er jeg lidt imponeret over, at Ford er med igen. Han har jo altid klaget over, at hans eneste rolle i originalen var at skabe fokus for kameraet - og det kan da ikke være pensionskroner, han mangler - i alt fald ikke efter SW7?