New Announcement! HARD TIMES, Walter Hill’s two-fisted action drama featuring Charles Bronson at his explosive best, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a Dual Format edition on 24 April 2017. Pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfduub
The American action auteur Walter Hill made a magnificent debut with this pulp triumph, featuring evocative period atmosphere and sterling performances from Charles Bronson and James Coburn.
Bronson plays a drifter suddenly caught up in the fight game during the Great Depression. Chaney, a down-on-his-luck loner, hops a freight train to New Orleans where, on the seedier side of town, he tries to make some quick money the only way he knows how - with his fists. Chaney approaches a hustler named Speed (James Coburn) and convinces him that he can win big money for them both.
Gritty, vivid and engrossing, the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this 1970s gem, available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, and presented from a new 4K restoration, in a new Dual-Format edition.
Special Features including:
- New 4K restoration
- Uncompressed PCM and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- NFT Audio Interview with director Walter Hill
- Original theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new and archival writing and rare archival imagery
HARD TIMES (Masters of Cinema) Dual Format Edition Pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfduub
New Announcement! THE BLUE LAGOON, a sensuous story of natural love starring Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins, will be released for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK in a Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 10 April 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfirTR
The lush beauty and splendour of a South Pacific paradise is vividly captured in this version of Henry De Vere Stacpoole’s 1903 novel.
Two small children and a ship’s cook survive a shipwreck and find safety on an idyllic tropical island. Soon, however, the cook dies and the young boy and girl are left on their own. Days become years and Emmeline (Brooke Shields) and Richard (Christopher Atkins) make a home for themselves surrounded by exotic creatures and nature’s beauty.
They learn to cope with the bewildering variety of physical and emotional changes that come with adolescence. As they begin to mature, their childhood affections lead to a sensitive and more profound love. But will they ever see civilisation again?
SPECIAL FEATURES including:
- Stunning High-Definition presentation
- Isolated music and effects track
- Two separate audio commentary tracks, featuring director Randal Kleiser, Brooke Shields, Christopher Atkins and writer Douglas Day Stewart
- An Adventure in Filmmaking – featurette on the films production
- Theatrical trailer
THE BLUE LAGOON Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lfirTR
New Announcement! DRUNKEN MASTER, the Original Kung-Fu Classic starring the undisputed Godfather of Martial Arts Action-Comedy Jackie Chan, will be released as part of the Masters of Cinema Series in a definitive Dual-format (Blu-ray & DVD) edition on 24 April 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl
Hong Kong action pioneer Yuen Woo-ping (The Matrix; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) and martial arts superstar Jackie Chan burst onto the scene in 1978 with a one-two punch of kung fu masterpieces, and it was the second of these, Drunken Master, with its Keatonesque slapstick and flawlessly choreographed fight scenes that would leave the biggest impact.
Jackie Chan plays Wong Fei-hung (a legendary Chinese folk hero who has also been portrayed on screen by Jet Li, Gordon Liu and Donnie Yen amongst many others), who is punished for his frequent troublemaking by being forced to study under the martial arts master Su Hua Chi (Yuen Siu-tien), notorious for his drinking as much as he is for leaving his students crippled. Wong proves himself an adept pupil, but his new skills are soon put to the test when his own father is targeted by a brutal assassin (Hwang Jang Lee, Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow).
Frequently ranked as one of the greatest martial arts films of all time, Drunken Master revolutionised modern action cinema, and the Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a new Dual-Format edition.
DUAL FORMAT SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
- Definitive transfer from 4K digital restoration
- The original complete Cantonese soundtrack, rarely heard on home video
- Alternate Cantonese, English and Mandarin audio options
- Newly translated English subtitles
- Audio commentary by Hong Kong film experts Ric Meyers and Jeff Yang
- New video interview with director Yuen Woo-ping
- Video interview with Jackie Chan
- New video interview with film scholar Tony Rayns
- New video appreciation by director Gareth Evans (The Raid film series)
- Deleted scene
- Original trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring new writing and archival imagery
Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2kmmSgl
Update! BORN FREE, James Hill’s adaptation of Joy Adamson’s best-selling book starring Virginia McKenna and Bill Travers, will now be released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK in a special Dual-format edition on 8 May 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lflHhU
This wondrous true adventure from the best-selling novel about a woman who raised a lioness and eventually set her free is beautifully photographed on the vast, golden savannas of central Africa.
When game warden George Adamson (Bill Travers) is forced to kill a menacing lion and lioness, he and his wife Joy (Virginia McKenna) adopt their three cubs. Two are sent off to zoos, but the third is kept – a female they name Elsa – to which they have become particularly attached. When Elsa becomes a full grown lioness, the Adamsons realise that she must be set free and taught to survive on her own. A year later the Adamsons return to the savanna and are surprised by a very special welcome from their old friend.
Highly acclaimed for its cinematography and music, Born Free is a story of courage and love, nature, and a relationship unlike any other ever filmed. Eureka Entertainment is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK, in a special Dual-Format edition.
Confirmed Special Features:
- Stunning High-Definition presentation
- Uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Isolated score track
- Audio Commentary with Film Historians Jon Burlingame, Julie Kirgo, and Nick Redman
- Spirit of Elsa – a featurette on the Born Free Foundations work in Kenya
- Elsa the Lioness 60th Anniversary – a short featurette about Elsa, the lioness whose story is the basis for Born Free
- A selection of promotional featurettes, generously provided by the Born Free Foundation
- Original Theatrical Trailers
Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2lflHhU