DanskHjemmebioForum.dk

Dato og tid er tirs mar 19, 2024 5:02

Alle tider er UTC+02:00

Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 178 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1 2 3 4 512 Næste
Forfatter besked
Brugeravatar

Billede

Vi har masser af Criterion-snak på DAHF. Nogle film har fået dedikerede tråde. Andre er postet i "HD-udgivelser." Nu samler vi det hele. Det er tid til den officielle label-tråd for Criterion Collection på DAHF. :thumb:

Ligesom Arrow Video- og Scream Factory-trådene kan vi bruge denne tråd til diskussion og annoncering af nye titler. :)

Brugeravatar

Lone Wolf and Cub (1972-1974) - 8. november 2016

Citat:
Based on the best-selling manga series, the six intensely kinetic Lone Wolf and Cub films elevated chanbara to bloody new heights. The shogun’s executioner, Itto Ogami (Tomisaburo Wakayama), takes to wandering the countryside as an assassin—along with his infant son Daigoro (Akihiro Tomikawa) and a seemingly infinitely weaponized perambulator—helping those he encounters while seeking vengeance for his murdered wife. Delivering stylish thrills and a body count that defies belief, Lone Wolf and Cub is beloved for its brilliantly choreographed action sequences as well as its tender depiction of the bonds between a parent and a child.

- New 2K digital restorations of all six films, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-rays
- High-definition presentation of Shogun Assassin, the 1980 English-dubbed reedit of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films
- New interview with Kazuo Koike, writer of the Lone Wolf and Cub manga series and screenwriter on five of the films
- Lame d’un père, l’âme d’un sabre, a 2005 documentary about the making of the series
- New interview in which Sensei Yoshimitsu Katsuse discusses and demonstrates the real Suio-ryu sword techniques that inspired those in the manga and films
- New interview with biographer Kazuma Nozawa about filmmaker Kenji Misumi, director of four of the six Lone Wolf and Cub films
- Silent documentary from 1937 about the making of samurai swords, with an optional new ambient score by Ryan Francis
- Trailers
- New English subtitle translations
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay and film synopses by Japanese pop culture writer Patrick Macias

Billede

Punch-Drunk Love (2002) - 15. november 2016

Citat:
Chaos lurks in every corner of this giddily off-kilter foray into romantic comedy by Paul Thomas Anderson. Struggling to cope with his erratic temper, novelty-toilet-plunger salesman Barry Egan (Adam Sandler, demonstrating remarkable versatility in his first dramatic role) spends his days collecting frequent-flyer-mile coupons and dodging the insults of his seven sisters. The promise of a new life emerges when Barry inadvertently attracts the affection of a mysterious woman named Lena (Emily Watson), but their budding relationship is threatened when he falls prey to the swindling operator of a phone sex line and her deranged boss (played with maniacal brio by Philip Seymour Hoffman). Fueled by the careening momentum of a baroque-futurist score by Jon Brion, the Cannes-award-winning Punch-Drunk Love channels the spirit of classic Hollywood and the whimsy of Jacques Tati into an idiosyncratic ode to the delirium of new romance.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION:

- 4K digital transfer, supervised by director Paul Thomas Anderson, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Blossoms & Blood, a twelve-minute 2002 piece by Anderson featuring Adam Sandler and Emily Watson, along with music by Jon Brion
- New interview with Brion
- New piece featuring behind-the-scenes footage of a recording session for the film’s soundtrack
- New conversation between curators Michael Connor and Lia Gangitano about the art of Jeremy Blake
- Additional artwork by Blake
- Cannes press conference from 2002
- NBC News interview from 2000 with David Phillips, “the pudding guy”
- Twelve Scopitones
- Deleted scenes
- Mattress Man commercial
- Trailers

Billede

Akira Kurosawa's Dreams (1990) - 15. november 2016

Citat:
Unfolding in a series of eight mythic vignettes, this late work by Akira Kurosawa was inspired by the beloved director’s own nighttime visions, along with stories from Japanese folklore. In a visually sumptuous journey through the master’s imagination, tales of childlike wonder give way to apocalyptic apparitions: a young boy stumbles on a fox wedding in a forest; a soldier confronts the ghosts of the war dead; a power plant meltdown smothers a seaside landscape in radioactive fumes. Interspersed with reflections on the redemptive power of creation, including a richly textured tribute to Vincent van Gogh (who is played by Martin Scorsese), Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams is both a showcase for its maker’s artistry at its most unbridled and a deeply personal lament for a world at the mercy of human ignorance.

- New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Masaharu Ueda, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New audio commentary featuring film scholar Stephen Prince
- Making of “Dreams” (1990), a 150-minute documentary shot on-set and directed by Nobuhiko Obayashi
- New interview with assistant director Takashi Koizumi
- New interview with production manager Teruyo Nogami
- Kurosawa’s Way (2011), a fifty-minute documentary by director Akira Kurosawa’s longtime translator Catherine Cadou, featuring interviews with filmmakers Theodoros Angelopoulos, Bernardo Bertolucci, Clint Eastwood, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Bong Joon-ho, Abbas Kiarostami, Hayao Miyazaki, Martin Scorsese, Julie Taymor, Shin’ya Tsukamoto, and John Woo
- Trailer
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Bilge Ebiri and Kurosawa’s script for a never-filmed ninth dream, introduced by Nogami

Billede

The Squid and the Whale (2005) - 22. november 2016

Citat:
With excruciating honesty, The Squid and the Whale chronicles the experiences of two young brothers growing up in 1980s Park Slope, Brooklyn, as they navigate the jagged contours of the divorce of their parents, both writers. The acclaimed third feature by Noah Baumbach marked a critical development for the filmmaker as he turned toward an increasingly personal style—a move that garnered him an Academy Award nomination for best original screenplay. Shot in Super 16 mm and featuring a quartet of nuanced, understated performances from Jeff Daniels, Laura Linney, Jesse Eisenberg, and Owen Kline, this comic and poignant drama, peppered with autobiographical elements, deftly captures the heartache and confusion of a fracturing family.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:

- New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Robert Yeoman and director Noah Baumbach, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interviews with Baumbach and actors Jeff Daniels, Jesse Eisenberg, Owen Kline, and Laura Linney
- New conversation about the score and other music in the film between Baumbach and composers Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips
- Behind “The Squid and the Whale,” a 2004 documentary featuring on-set footage and cast interviews
- Audition footage
- Trailers

Billede

One-Eyed Jacks (1961) - 22. november 2016

Citat:
This is a western like no other, combining the mythological scope of that most American of genres with the searing naturalism of a performance by Marlon Brando—all suffused with Freudian overtones and masculine anxiety. In his only directing stint, Brando captures rugged coastal and desert landscapes in gorgeous widescreen, Technicolor images, and elicits from his fellow actors (including Karl Malden and Pina Pellicer) nuanced depictions of conflicted characters. Though the production was overwhelmed by its director’s perfectionism and plagued by setbacks and studio reediting, One-Eyed Jacks stands as one of Brando’s great achievements, thanks above all to his tortured turn as Rio, a bank robber bent on revenge against his former partner in crime. Brooding and romantic, Rio is the last and perhaps the most tender of the iconic outsiders that the great actor imbued with such intensity throughout his career.

- New 4K digital restoration, undertaken with the support of The Film Foundation and supervised by filmmakers Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New introduction by Scorsese
- Excerpts from voice-recordings director and star Marlon Brando made during the film’s production
- New video essays on the film’s production history and its potent combination of the stage and screen icon Brando with the classic Hollywood western
- Trailer
- PLUS: An essay by film critic Howard Hampton

Billede

Senest rettet af Fritte lør mar 11, 2017 11:00, rettet i alt 3 gange.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: 9530 Dusty Circle
Fritte skrev:
Lone Wolf and Cub (1972-1974) - 8. november 2016 - USA

Citat:
- New 2K digital restorations of all six films, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-rays
- High-definition presentation of Shogun Assassin, the 1980 English-dubbed reedit of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films
- New interview with Kazuo Koike, writer of the Lone Wolf and Cub manga series and screenwriter on five of the films
- Lame d’un père, l’âme d’un sabre, a 2005 documentary about the making of the series
- New interview in which Sensei Yoshimitsu Katsuse discusses and demonstrates the real Suio-ryu sword techniques that inspired those in the manga and films
- New interview with biographer Kazuma Nozawa about filmmaker Kenji Misumi, director of four of the six Lone Wolf and Cub films
- Silent documentary from 1937 about the making of samurai swords, with an optional new ambient score by Ryan Francis
- Trailers
- New English subtitle translations
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay and film synopses by Japanese pop culture writer Patrick Macias

Billede

Lidt sjovt, at en film af denne type får Criterion-behandling. Hvem skulle have troet det?

Brugeravatar

DeathPosture skrev:
Lidt sjovt, at en film af denne type får Criterion-behandling. Hvem skulle have troet det?

Jeg har ikke set nogle af Lone Wolf and Cub-filmene.

Michael Bay kan altid bryste sig med to Criterion-titler :D

Billede Billede

Senest rettet af Fritte tirs aug 16, 2016 10:45, rettet i alt 1 gang.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: 9530 Dusty Circle
Fritte skrev:

Jeg har ikke set nogle af Lone Wolf and Cub-filmene.

Det har jeg (desværre), i form af Shogun Assassin som er et engelsk-dubbet sammenkog af de første to Lone Wolf and Cub-film. Pænt kikset.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Østerbro
DeathPosture skrev:

Nu udgav de jo en Zatoichi boks for et par år siden. Lone Wolf filmene er godt nok en tand mere blodige og underlødige, men ikke i nævneværdig grad. De første tre i serien er mindre mesterværker, hvis I spørger mig. Så :clap: - og en tiltrængt afløser for de pinlige SD opskaleringer som AnimEigo udgav i 2012.

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Fritte skrev:
Michael Bay kan altid bryste sig med to Criterion-titler :D

Hehe, de har vist indrømmet, at det bare var for at få lidt penge i kassen.

Brugeravatar

Hvis Criterion bare kunne få fingrene i 2001: A Space Odyssey igen...

Billede

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Ja, eller en ordentlig remastered udgave af The Killer!

Brugeravatar

Billede Punch-Drunk Love og Akira Kurosawas Dreams udkommer begge den 21. november i UK.

Billede

Billede

Senest rettet af Fritte tors feb 23, 2017 10:37, rettet i alt 3 gange.

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Cool - vil meget gerne have opgraderet min PDL. Har aldrig set Dreams - er den noget?

Brugeravatar

Richard Linklaters Before-trilogi på vej til Criterion? De har postet dette kryptiske billede i nyhedsbrevet:

Billede

Site Admin
Brugeravatar

Jeg er nok tungnem - hvad er koblingen til trilogien?

Min første tanke var Spirit of the Beehive, som de udgav på dvd for nogle år siden.

Brugeravatar

Geografisk sted: Face down in the muck...
Billede

Senest rettet af Mikl ons aug 31, 2016 22:57, rettet i alt 1 gang.

Brugeravatar

Buck Rogers skrev:
Jeg er nok tungnem - hvad er koblingen til trilogien?

4 bier. Bee-four. Before. Og 3 som i trilogi. Sunrise, Sunset og Midnight.

Og så har Criterion snakket om at den udkommer i 2016 :)

Vis indlæg fra foregående:  Sorter efter  
Skriv nyt emne  Svar på emne  [ 178 indlæg ]  Gå til side 1 2 3 4 512 Næste

Alle tider er UTC+02:00